Saturday, September 15, 2007

Greatwood Packers Football Games 1

Football season has started and we have had 2 games so far. I was hoping to post on last weeks game before we played the 2nd game, but it was a tough week last week so I did not get to it. The next posting will explain what happened this week so you will have to wait until then to find out the details. This post is for the football games on September 8th.

Jared in his game uniform before the game. He looks sharp!



Jared, me and Ryan before we leave for Jared's game. I went early with Jared so everyone did not have to spend as much time out in the Houston heat. I am in my Greatwood Packers Fan uniform as well in my green shirt and Packers hat. Ryan is in the process of getting out of his PJs and into his clothes.


For Jared's game I was running the chains with Jim. You can see my in my green shirt and Greatwood Packers hat in the background in this picture. Running the chains turned out to bring some bad luck for our kids. You will have to wait for the next post to find out what happened. In addition, Lori was alone in the stands to watch Ryan, video tape Jared's game and try and take some pictures. As a result, there are fewer pictures of Jared playing.


Jared, #42, taking a knee on the sideline. Jared's team lost their first game by a touchdown even though it was a close one. It was a very tough loss. The boys played great and it was a close game, but they were not able to pull it out. Bummer! But, Jared did a good job in his first football game in his life. Lori and I are both very proud of his efforts. Jared plays guard on the offensive line and he made a great bock on the play that they scored their touchdown on.

We are now moving to Brett's game. This is an action shot of Brett's team. Brett plays offensive and defensive tackle (that is what I played in high school football) and he is number 73 (which was my number). The difference is Brett is a starter and I never was. Here is is making his block.

Brett playing Defensive Tackle getting ready to go. Brett started at both offensive and defensive tackle and did a great job. We were relay proud of him and he persevered in the heat. I thought it was hot and I was just sitting in the stands. He was in full pad working his guts out in the heat.

Brett is down and ready to do some serious hitting!


Another action shot. Brett making a block.

Brett's team huddling with Coach Shane. We have been really impressed with Both Brett and Jared's coaches. Coach Shane has been awesome with Brett and we really appreciate the time he spends coaching him.

The Greatwood Packer Offensive Line making their blocks. Brett was tearing it up that game.

Brett, dripping in sweat getting ready for another play. Their team did great and the game went into double overtime. Unfortunately, they lost. They played their hearts out and in the end it came down to one play and it was over. We were really proud of Brett's performance in his first game and it was a heart breaker.

1 comment:

Our Family said...

I've broken my collar bone before. It HURTS. But he did a great job on the sidelines. It'll take a while to heal. I still can't lift my arm all the way above my head when it's stormin' outside. Keep on postin! I love seeing all the pictures. Even if I'm the only one.

Wendy