Saturday, September 22, 2007

Vacation VI - Hiking on July 4th

For both people that ever check my blog, I am on a roll here and will try and get finished with the vacation pictures so I can get caught-up. I was hoping to get some blogging done yesterday (it was my Friday off from work and I am fighting a nasty cold/flu so I was not going anywhere) but Lori put me to work on an electronic scrap booking project so I was not able to post anything. Hopefully I will be able to get some done today.

On July 4th we went on a hike at the back of Timpanogos with our friends for Venezuela, the Nava Family. My sister, Angela, and her family also came with us and we hiked up to a water fall. The trail goes further up, but we did not go further. I could not haul Ryan any further than we went and there were some that were with us that thought we had already gone too far. There was something mentioned about not having to worry about all the ice-cream she had been eating after that intense hike, but I will not mention any names as to who was doing the whining.


This is Diego and Fiorela at the water fall.

Brett, Ryan, Jared Lori and me at the water fall. Do I look fat? Don't answer that.

The Curtis Family: Kollin, Shelby, Dan, Angela and Chad at the waterfall. Nathan could not make it because he was working.

The Nava family: Diego, Luz, Dannia, Gustavo and Fiorela. Luz is Dannia's sister who was visiting from Venezuela. If I remember correctly, she was the one that was whining about all the exercise she was getting and did not have to worry about all the ice cream she had been eating, but I could be wrong.

Kollin looking cool in his sun glasses.

Shelby at the waterfall. When we had the Dimond family pictures taken (see previous post) we discovered a problem with glare off from the lens in some of the pictures. The solution to glare is a lens shade. The problem with the lens shade if you zoom out too much is it becomes part of the picture, which you can see here. Photography is a learning experience.

Brett at the waterfall. The lens shade is acting as a frame.

Luz, Diego and Brett.

Luz and Dannia.

The Nava Family framed by the lens shade.

Luz and Diego.

Luz and Fiorela.

Dannia and Luz. I was able to crop out some of the lens shade from this picture. You know, you solve one problem and create another. Stupid lens shade.

Dannia finding out what water feels like that originates from a melting glacier. It really is right around 32 degrees F.

I took this picture of the group as we were having lunch. No, I did not notice when I was taking the picture that I could see the lens shade. The other pictures were taken by Lori and when I was going through them I asked Lori why she did not notice. Then I saw this one and had to eat a little crow as the saying goes.

No comments: