June 30th was a big day of picture taking for Lori's family. In the morning we had a Dimond Family Picture session (you can go see the results of that session in the previous post) and the Stout Reunion that evening. It was great to see so many people that we had not seen in a long time. We left Utah 10 years ago (my official 10-year anniversary with my current employer was September 2nd) and as a result we have not seen many of the family members much since that time. I do not remember the last time I have seen many of Lori's cousins, so it was great to have the chance to get together and see everyone. Lori enjoyed it the most from our family because she was the one that knew the most people (obviously) and she is also the person that likes to visit the most, which is obvious to anyone that knows our family. Below are some of the pictures we took from that wondrous occasion.

There was a volleyball net set-up at the park and the kids were excited to play a little volleyball and get some of their wiggles out. Can you guess which kid is a Pollard from this picture? (Hint: he is the really tall one.)

Another picture of the opposing team playing volleyball. Jared is in this picture and he is a relatively big kid. But, there are a couple more of Neil Pollard's sons playing so he looks like a midget next to them.

Members of the Don Stout branch of the family tree visiting. Alex Stout is on the left and he is now serving a mission. Lori was able to attend his non-Farewell talk in Sacrament Meeting before I arrived in Utah. Did I mention that I had to stay home and work while Lori and the boys were playing in Utah? I might have done that in a previous post, I cannot remember for sure now. While I was at home alone, slaving away to pay for all this fun Lori and the boys enjoyed a visit to Midway and heard Alex speak before he left on his mission. I remember when Alex was a little baby! Man, I am getting old!

Janet Dimond's grand kids petting a puppy. I do not remember who's puppy it was for sure, but I think it was Dillon's. The poor puppy was getting more attention that I think was good for it.

Ryan blowing his new toy that he retrieved from the sawdust. There are pictures of the sawdust activity later in the post. For some reason Ryan refused to keep his shoes on so we spent some time that evening chasing down shoes. Here he is shoeless as was typical that evening.

This is a picture of the Nosack Family. Aunt Mary is Grandma Dimond's older sister. Kris has a web site that is linked on my blog. It was good to visit with Kris as I have not seen him for a long time and it was good to catch-up. He is an engineer too so I can really relate to him.
This is a picture of the Don Stout Family, at least all that were there. Jeremy came later but he apparently missed the picture taking time. (Smart man!) Don is Grandma Dimond's younger brother.

This is a picture of Larry Stout and those from his family that were at the reunion. He has lived in California most of his married life so while Larry has a large family, not many of them could make it to the reunion.
This is a picture of all of us. I know it is small and hard to see everyone, but I decided to post it anyway. Can you guess which ones are the Pollards? (Hint: They are the really tall ones on the back row.)

This is Grandma Dimond with her Brothers and Sisters. Starting on the left: Don Stout, Mary Nosack, Janet Dimond, Larry Stout and Marlyn Pollard.
This is a picture of those from the Pollard Family that were in attendance.
Two wading pools were filled with sawdust and money, toys and candy were hidden in the sawdust. The kids were divided into two groups according to age and then they dug through the sawdust trying to find the prizes. It was a ton of fun for the kids, especially the older ones. The money was the biggest hit. It was so hot the chocolate candy melted, so that did not work out so well. Brett and Jared loved searching for the money but Ryan lost interest after a short time. Once he had some toys, he was ready to go. He is not motivated by money yet.

This is a better picture of the little kids digging through the sawdust. The parents were allowed to help the little kids do the digging. Even if I was allowed to help the bigger kids, I would have been afraid to get near their pool. They were aggressive diggers!
Aunt Marlyn with her new Great-Grandchild.
Grandpa Dimond with Addison.
This is a picture of 4-Generations.
One last shot of the big kids digging through the sawdust. The next day Grandpa Dimond added some money to the leftover sawdust and Brett and Jared spent some more time looking for money.
No comments:
Post a Comment