Saturday, September 22, 2007

Vacation VIII - Camping and 4-Wheeling

This is the last post from our summer vacation. I am almost caught-up so the posts will be more contemporary to what is going on with us now. We had a couple of football games today that I need to report on so I need to get those pictures uploaded and provide an update. Anyway, back to Summer Vacation.

Here we are back at the CamperWorld Campground in Mt. Pleasant, Ut. We are finishing-up dinner and having some dessert.


Ryan was enjoying his ice cream....

....as was Jared.


Nicholas ready to go 4-wheeling.

The wild flowers were in bloom on the mountain during our 4-wheeling trip. This is one of the pictures Lori took of the flowers.

Troy and I with our cargo, Ryan and Nicholas.

Conner ready to go 4-wheeling.

More wild flowers from our 4-wheeling trip.

Lori and Aunt Dawn went on a historical tour of the area with Grandma Sorensen while Troy and I took the kids swimming. I know it is probably beyond any one's belief that the kids wanted to go swimming rather than see old houses and graves. So, the ladies went by themselves. I posted on this earlier and so if one of the two people that checks this blog noticed I said that I thought this was Orson Hyde's house. I was able to talk Lori into looking at my blog (I think she is the third person that looks at it when I can talk her into it) and she informed me of my mistake. This is one of Grandma Sorensen's favorite pioneer houses, not Orson Hydes house.

Another picture of on of Grandma Sorensen's favorite pioneer houses. This is one she would like to paint sometime in the future.

I know, it is getting redundant. This is another view of the pioneer house that Grandma Sorensen likes and I mistook to be Orson Hyde's house.

Once the ladies got back from their historical tour, Lori took some pictures of us swimming and jumping in the pool. This is Brett, Ryan, me and Jared jumping in.

Nicholas in the pool.

Uncle Troy jumping in with us this time.

I was a little slow off the mark for this jump.

Jared and Brett back at camp doing some whittling. I told them that if they cut their fingers with their knew knives, I was going to spank them before taking them to the emergency room to get stitches. Fortunately, Brett just cut himself once and he did not need stitches, but I spanked him anyway.

Grave marker for Orson Hyde.



Another, much older grave marker for Orson Hyde.

Before heading home from camping at Mt. Pleasant, we went to my cousin's wedding reception which was being held in the area. My Uncle is a pig farmer and my cousin runs one of the pig farms in the area. His new wife did not want a couple of runts to die, so like in Charlotte's Web she hand fed them. Now they are much larger porkers and somewhat like pets. During the reception the kids were chasing this pair of Wilbur's around the yard and having a blast doing it. It was a first for me to have a pig chase at a wedding reception, but the kids loved it. I am not sure how much the pigs enjoyed all the attention though.

No comments: