We made the effort for one last trip to the beach before the kids started school and every Saturday was dedicated to football games. I had the skin cancer cut off my leg and I was hoping for that would to heal before we went to the beach because a guy in our ward told me about some guy getting a flesh eating bacteria in a wound while fishing at the beach. That story kind of freaked me out because I did not want to get a flesh eating bacteria in my leg where the skin cancer was removed. That would have been a bad thing. I brought a bottle of hydrogen peroxide to wash the wound when I got out of the water and did not spend as much time in the water with the kids as I normally do. It was probably unwarranted worry as the whole "flesh eating bacteria" sounds a little like an urban legend, but it did make me a little nervous. The good news is that I did not get a flesh eating bacteria at the beach and my leg is better now other than the scar. We were also able to make one more trip to the beach before school got started. Going to the beach is one thing we will really miss when we move back to Illinois.
Lori out with Ryan and Jared floating on the boogie boards.
Ryan, Jared and Brett playing in the sand.
Brett working on a sand castle.
The kids talked Lori and I into helping them dig a big hole and burying them in the sand. I am not sure why the love it so much, but they do. Although, Ryan was not too sure about having his arms covered and being so restrained.
The kids pulling faces as they are buried in the sand.
Brett buried to his neck in the sand. He wanted to make sure he was completely covered.

Jared buried in the sand. He was equally aggressive in making sure he was completely buried.
Ryan, on the other hand, worked his arms free. He was not sure that being restrained was such a great idea.
A parting shot of the kids in the sand.
Thought for the day:
"Don't cry because it's over. Smile because it happened." (Theodor Seuss Geisel, a.k.a. Dr. Seuss)
2 comments:
Shane,
I love the pictures and the updates. Your vacation looked awesome. We sure need to see you next time. Skin cancer eh? I hadn't heard about that. Was it only on you leg? Richard goes in every 6 months or so to have some spots on his ears checked. Keep on bloggin...even if it's just for me.
Wendy
It is a fact; I did have a little bit of basal cell carcinoma on my leg that I had removed. Of all the types of cancer to get, that is the best type because it does not spread to other parts of your body. I did have it removed as well as an irregular mole. The mole they stitched and I healed quickly, but the cancer was on my shin where they cannot stitch to it was longer to heal.
I will keep blogging, although it will slow down a bit now that I am caught-up on our vacation pictures.
Shane
Post a Comment