Friday, September 7, 2007

Greatwood Packers Football

I have been working diligently to catch-up on our summer vacation even though it is well in the past. I will be posting more pictures from our summer vacation for both of you that even check my blog, but for now there is something much more exciting going on and that is Greatwood Packers Football. Brett and Jared are both playing football this fall for the Greatwood Packers and we are proud of them. This is a competitive football league (as opposed to recreational sports like at the YMCA) and they take their football very seriously. Both Brett and Jared have some excellent coaches and they have been working hard. Brett plays offensive and defensive tackle and is 1st string on both sides. Brett has found his sporting niche in the world. Jared plays offensive guard. Jared does not get the playing time that Brett does, but we are just thankful that they let him on the team. There were so many kids Jared's age that wanted to play that we were afraid he would not even be able to get on the team. Jared is learning tons and improving all the time so even though he is not a starter, we are very proud of him as well. When I played football as a Freshman in High School I was not even 2nd string, I was more like the last player to ever get on the field and I am not sure if I played in a single game. I played again when I was a Senior and I was able to work to play 2nd string right offensive tackle, but at least I was on the team and got in a few games. It was progress. So, I am a very proud father and about to burst my buttons as I watch my boys doing excellent playing football at a young age.



Jared in his practice jersey before heading to one of the many practices.


Brett in his practice uniform before one of the many practices.

Brett with his team practicing. Brett is on the far right side. Brett's Coach is in the picture and he is a great coach. We are really impressed with his ability to teach the kids to play some serious football.

Brett with the Line Coach. He has also done a great job teaching Brett and we are thankful to him for his efforts.

This is a picture of a couple of Jared's coaches during their first scrimmage against the Rosenberg Roughnecks. The are great coaches for the kids and VERY enthusiastic.

Brett taking a knee on the sideline during their first scrimmage.



Brett lined-up on defense against the Rosenburg Roughnecks.

Tomorrow Brett and Jared have their first game and we are all looking forward to it. I will likely be working the chains on the sidelines so we will be depending on Lori to get some great pictures that I will post. Go Packers!

No comments: