I did not watch a single minute of what is being claimed to be a “historic” Presidential Inauguration. I am not sure what is so “historic” about this one because Obama has not done anything yet. I suppose it is “historic” because the United States has elected the most inexperienced and unqualified person in its history to be the most powerful many in the world. If it is “historic” because Obama is the first black man to be elected President of the United States, then I do not want any part of that. I think a person should be judged on the character and not on the color of their skin and many people voted for (or against) Obama based on that criteria alone. So Martin Luther King’s dream of a colorblind America has not been fulfilled in the Obama election.
On the question of character, I think Obama is a questionable character. His choice of friends is highly questionable, terrorist Bill Ayers, radical racist Jeremiah Wright, just to name a few. Obama is nothing but an empty suit full of empty rhetoric and his Marching Morons are going to be disappointed when reality sets in and they still have to pay for their gas and mortgages. With that being said, I am going to go out on a limb here and make some predictions, which I do not normally do.
1. Obama will NOT unite everyone in the United States and bring an end to partisan politics. It will pretty much stay the same as there are fundamental disagreements. Gun sales did not hit new record highs after Obama won the election because everyone agrees with Obama. I for one intend to cling to my guns and religion despite this “historic” moment. I along with many others will not be united with Obama as he tries to socialize medicine and raise my taxes. I want Obama and his Democratic Congress to keep their stinking hands out of my wallet. Obama only got 52% of the vote (Bush got 51% in the previous election) which indicates there is still a significant portion of the American people that do not support Obama and once his true colors come through I expect there will be those who do not continue to support him. I anticipate it will be business as usual and we will not be “united”.
2. Obama will NOT bring World Peace. I have seen photos of Muslims in the Middle East burning pictures of Obama before he was inaugurated. I expect the flag burnings will continue. There may be a love-fest with cultural genocide seeking elites in Europe for a time, but overall very little will change and the World will continue to be a very dangerous place. In fact, I predict that with Obama the world will become more dangerous and terrorist attacks will increase.
3. Obama and the Democratic Congress will try to model the New Deal policies of FDR which will drive the current economic recession into a full-blown depression. No nation has ever been able to tax and spend its way to prosperity. At a time when other counties are employing free market reforms the Democrats will move us closer to socialism and will drive the economy into the ground. All the stimulus packages that Obama and the Democrats are going to try will have very little positive effect on the economy but there is a huge downside potential.
“The state cannot get a cent for any man without taking it from some other man, and this latter must be a man who has produced and saved it. This latter is the Forgotten Man.”
- William Graham Sumner, Economist
"Socialism is a philosophy of failure, the creed of ignorance, and the gospel of envy, its inherent virtue is the equal sharing of misery."
- Winston Churchill
4. We will become a less-free nation as Obama and Liberals in general have a low tolerance for diversity of opinion. I expect they will attempt to implement the old “Fairness Doctrine” to silence the opposition (see prediction 1) on the radio and stifle free speech. Liberals are very opposed to free speech that they do not approve of. They will try and ban guns and erode our 2nd Amendment Rights. I am saving to buy all the guns I want before this happens. There will be further restrictions on religious freedom as Obama and his ilk do not like those of us who “cling to our guns and religion.”
5. The Obama administration will be full of corruption and controversy much like the Clinton Administration. Obama comes from a very corrupt Illinois political machine and even before his inauguration the controversy and ties to corruption have started. One of the things I did not like about living in Illinois was the pervasive political corruption that was there. All of the corruption and controversy that has erupted in filling the Senate Seat vacated by Obama is just a foreshadowing of what we have to look forward to over the next 8 years. I expect it will be 8 years because in the next election Obama will have the power of incumbency behind him and the welfare state will have grown so much that those who depend on the government for their payments (Unions, welfare, etc.) will make sure he stays in office.

On of my favorite blogs, Ephemeral Island, had a really good post on the subject that I highly recommend. You can go to the post by clicking here.

1 comment:
Share this with any LDS Obama supporters you know...In a general conference talk (October 1961), Ezra Taft Benson said the following:
"“When socialism is understood, we will realize that many of the programs advocated, and some of those already adopted in the United States, fall clearly within the category of socialism.
No true Latter-day Saint and no true American can be a socialist or a communist or support programs leading in that direction. These evil philosophies are incompatible with Mormonism, the true gospel of Jesus Christ."
I think Barack Obama made it clear where he stands with regards to socialism:
"I think when you spread the wealth around it’s good for everybody.” – Barack Obama
Post a Comment