Wednesday, January 28, 2009

The Craziness Begins

Now that we are settled into January doldrums with Christmas vacation over I am out of pictures to post of all our fun activities. All three boys are playing basketball and I am helping to coach Brett’s team so we are all very busy but the dark basketball courts do not allow us to take good pictures so there is not much to post about there. Therefore, unless I go back and do more posts from our Summer Vacation, which I did not get through all the great things we did in Utah while we were there, I will be short on posting material for a while. In addition, with the economy in the state it is in we are not inclined to be going out and doing much that costs anything for a while as we are working to save some money, not spend it. Therefore, both of you who check my blog will now have to endure my political rants. I am sure Obama and the stupid Democratic Congress will give me plenty of material.

The government is spending billions of dollars, which they do not have, to bail out the US Automobile Industry. So, in order to help them get back on their feet, Obama starts out with an executive order allowing the states to have their own auto emissions standards! That will really help them out when they have to make 50 versions of the same car. That will really help them get back in the black! Wow, what a genius this Obama guy is! Now there will not only be different fuel standards for every state, but also car standards. What will that mean if I move to a different state? Will my car be illegal? Will I have to buy a new car if I move? Obama is an idiot just like the California politicians.

Rather than making the market based corrections that would require the unions to give-up their absurd entitlements, the Obama and the Democrats are going to give taxpayer money to bail out the auto industry. The unions are certainly getting paid back for their large investment in the Obama campaign. If only the returns on my retirement savings could be that good.

The government does not generate any wealth, it just inefficiently redistributes the wealth that is generated by the taxpayers who work. Bailing out the failing companies will not do anything but make them dependent on the government in order to stay in business rather than making the changes that the market requires so they are competitive. In the process, the government debt gets bigger and the taxpayers will have to bear that burden. At some point dumping all this money down the toilet will catch-up with all of us and the entire system will collapse under it's own weight. I expect that my plans to retire in 20 years will not happen because I will have to work until I die to pay all my taxes so it can line the politicians pockets. That is if all of my retirement savings are not squandered or inflated away by all the government spending. Thank you so much Obama and Pelosi for all your help, you freaking morons! Welcome to Socialism everyone! Soon the government will be nationalizing all the banks and the auto industry. Just think of how reliable the US cars will be after this. It makes me of the Yugo and what a quality automobile that was.

No comments: