After we finished in Mexico it was such a warm, sunny day we decided that we needed to get back and go to the beach again. We had chairs and were set-up for the beach and it was so warm I promised the kids I would get in the water with them this time. That was not a good idea. By the time we went to the room and got ready to go the clouds/mist moved in from the ocean and covered the sun, dropping the temperature. I kept my word but I did not stay out in the water long.

I like to keep my shirt on for obvious reasons, but in this case I took my shirt off to get in the water because I wanted a warm, dry shirt to put back on when I got out of the water. This is of me out in the water with the kids. It was too cold for me so I did not do any body surfing with the kids.

The kids wanted to go swimming in the hotel pool, which is outdoors, and the day before Lori put her foot in the water to test the temperature and it was cold. The kids kept insisting that we try again and this time it was warm. We later found out that the heater had been broken and it was recently repaired. So, we moved from the beach and went swimming in the pool for a little while because that water was warm enough for both Lori and I to get in and swim with the kids. Flat Stanley enjoyed the swim with Jared.

After swimming we got cleaned-up and went to Pizza Hut for dinner.

Flat Stanley really enjoyed the bread sticks.

Lori bought some poppers to celebrate the New Year but we did not think it would be a good idea for us to use them in hotel. So, we drove out on the beach and did them using the car lights. Jared is helping Flat Stanley do one of the poppers.

Jared doing one of the poppers without the help of Flat Stanley.

Brett doing a popper.

Ryan, Brett, Jared and Lori doing poppers. Lori and Ryan are seen here sporting their new jackets from Mexico. I was wearing mine as well but you cannot see it because I am taking the picture. This activity filled the mini-van with sand so we had to go find a car wash with vacuums when we were done so we could get the sand out. A little reminder of why it is nice to get a hotel on the beach.

We gathered all the streamers from the poppers and took them back to the hotel with us. When the kids were babies we took pictures of them with the streamers and so it is now a family tradition to wear the streamers. Ryan, Brett and Jared wearing the streamers on the balcony of the hotel.

As is our typical New Years Eve, we did not stay-up until midnight. The kids watched a DVD on the TV while Lori and I packed the bags in preparation to check-out the following day. Then we all went to bed at a decent time so we would not be tired for our activities planned for the following day.
No comments:
Post a Comment