Thursday, January 24, 2008

Christmas Morning

Christmas is my favorite time of the year which culminates on Christmas morning. The kids were very excited and while Brett planned to set some traps for Santa Claus, he was too busy on Christmas Eve to actually get them set. The kids were also very excited about Christmas but we made them stay in bed until 6:00, which is the standard. They would get-up at 3:00 am if we would let them, so we set the standard at 6:00. They were up and ready to go, so Lori and I got-up and got ready. It is so fun to suggest delays in seeing what Santa brought to the kids and see them get so worked-up about the suggestion. I really enjoy teasing the kids.



This is a picture of Ryan showing us a new Chevron Car he got for Christmas. While we have liked Chevron Cars in the past, I had some hesitation about them because we did not like Chevron. Now that I have gone to work for Chevron, that has all changed and we are now free to love Chevron. If anyone is interested, I will have to tell you why we did not like Chevron in the past. Brett and Jared are checking out their loot in the background.

Brett and Jared digging into their gifts as they discover all that Santa brought them. I need to have a talk with Santa because I think the kids get way too much stuff! The kids disagree, but we are running out of space for all the kids stuff.

Jared opening another gift.

Ryan with some new chunky Star Wars action figures.

Brett showing us his Chevron Tanker Truck.

Jared showing Ryan how their new Chevron Car Carrier Truck works.


Lori opening-up one of her gifts.


This was another great Christmas. Jared reported that it was the best one ever, but I think the most recent one is the best one ever for him. It was a ton of fun and we had a great day.

1 comment:

Our Family said...

What an awesome Christmas. We had a great one too. Santa brought one present each, the kids got one from us, and then one from the grandparents. THAT WAS IT. We loved it. We did have a cousin gift exchange a few days before. But we decided this year that the gift giving was getting out of control. As of this year we don't even exchange gifts with our brothers and sisters. We weren't the ones to decide that, but we went with the idea. Merry Christmas.

Wendy