Here is a picture of me with the boys on the Pinta. It is nice because we are allowed to board these ships. What is amazing to me is how small these ships are. Being on the ships made me realize that it took some real bravery to get on one of these ships, depend on the wind to move and not know exactly where they were going. In addition, the navigation methods were very rudimentary. I would not want to leave the sight of land on one of these little ships.
Jared on the Santa Maria.
Brett on the Santa Maria.
Family picture on the Santa Maria. Ryan is doing his best grumpy face since we wanted him to smile.
Ryan, Jared, Lori and Brett in more traditional clothing of the period. Lori has such a lovely dress!
The Pinta.
The Santa Maria.
Riding on the range,
I've got my hat - on,
I've got my boots - dusty.
I've got my saddle On my horse.
He's called....T-t-t-t-t-trigger Of course.
I wanna be a cowboy and you can be my cowgirl
I wanna be a cowboy and you can be my cowgirl
I wanna be a cowboy
(For those that grew-up in the ‘80s you will recognize that as the one hit wonder by Boy’s Don’t Cry.)
Jared, Ryan and Brett on the sugar plantation.
Lori in the castle.
The kids have grown antlers/horn!
Brett, Jared and Ryan in a dinosaur nest.
Jared by a huge alligator head.
After visiting the museum, we drove south to Brownsville near the Mexican border.
All of us in front of the Pinta.

4 comments:
COOL MUSEUM! I know the words to that song...I'm glad you didn't choose.."Save a Horse...Ride a Cowboy"
Yippie Yippie Yi Yippie Yo Yo Yo...
I do not know the words to the aforementioned song since I have not ever heard of the song before. Must be a country song and I listen to almost no country music if I can avoid it.
Hey! The Nina came to Alton and we got to tour it. It was very cool, and yes, tiny.
Post a Comment