This is Grandpa starting down wipe-out hill with our 3 boys and I think Nicholas in with him. It looks really steep in this picture, but it is much steeper in real life. Two dimensional pictures just do not capture what it looks like in 3-D.
Grandpa and the Grandkids continuing down Wipe-Out Hill. Lori took the pictures and I took video of the insanity.
Another picture of Grandpa demonstrating how crazy he is.
After I went Troy got his nerve-up and so he took his family for a ride on Wipe-Out hill. This is where Dawn started screaming.
Here is Dawn continuing the ride. Conner, unfortunately, did not enjoy the ride as much as the other kids. At the bottom of the hill when Troy was turning around, Conner jumped out of the Jeep and ran over to the weeds and fell on his knees. Lori and I though he must just have to go wee really bad because he does have a small bladder, but it turned out to be that he was scared to death after the trip down Wipe-Out Hill. As I understand it, he ran over in the weeds to give thanks that he was still alive! The day before he was making me nervous at Arches National Park as we were hiking at Delicate Arch because he was so bold. He did not show much fear there and Brett was much more cautious and worried about being there. But Conner was really scared about riding in the Jeep. I am not sure what the big difference was, but the tough Jeeping scared him to death.
This is Troy, Dawn and Nicholas going back up Wipe-Out Hill. Conner walked back up because he is much more comfortable walking than riding in the Jeep.
We stopped and collected some rocks, climbed around a bit and enjoyed the scenery. We were on the Monitor and Merrimack Trail and the rock in the background is either the Monitor or the Merrimack, I am not sure which. These were Civil War ships that the rocks are supposed to look like.
All of us by the Jeep we were driving. It sure was nice of Grandpa to buy two Jeeps so we could all go Jeeping with him. We are very thankful to him. I would like to buy the Jeep from him, but here in Texas I do not know where I would use a nice Jeep like that complete with a lift kit.
We hiked up the hill a bit and this a looking down on the 4-wheelers and the Jeeps.
Jared, Ryan and Brett on the hike.
After the Jeep ride we went back into Moab and we all designed our own Moab shirts. He we have Conner and Nicholas showing ups their new Moab shirts as they get ready for the drive home. Conner has a small bladder so this is a common scene for them when they travel.

2 comments:
Holy moly... it would have given me a heart attack watching you guys go down that hill. I seriously thought that first picture was of someone falling to their death...
You REALLY need to come back to Utah for the annual, well more often than annual four wheelin trip. That hill is close to what the crazy Sorensen's in these here parts attempt to climb. It looks way scary to me by the way. They are going the first weekend in April. Any takers?
Wendy
Post a Comment