To start out, this is a floor plan of our house. You can go here to see a bigger one because I know that on this size of a picture you will not be able to read it very well. It will give you a bit of a guide as to what you are looking at though as I show you pictures.
This is the upstairs game room. Brett and Jared are playing a little Foosball in the game room. It also doubles as our exercise room.
This is Brett's bedroom, which is Bedroom #4 on the floor plan.
This is Jared's bedroom, it is bedroom #3 on the floor plan. They share a bathroom which attaches to both their bedrooms. I did not take pictures of the bathrooms.
This is looking across the stairwell from the game room. Ryan's room is on the right, which on the floor plan is Optional bedroom #5. After the walkway along the top is the open area to the family/living room.
This is looking over the balcony to the family/living room.
This is Ryan's room, optional bedroom #5. It has a huge closet which is nice. Bedroom #2 is being used right now as our"basement room" and is full of storage items that we had tucked in our basement. Therefore, I did not take a picture of it. When it is winter I am going to put a bunch of boards in the attic and move most of the stuff up there. It is way too hot up there now to do work so that is a project that will have to wait until it cools off. Then that room will become the exercise room.
This is looking down the stair. The turnaround makes it tough to move furniture upstairs, but other than that it is nice. The other room upstairs is the Media Room. It is a huge room that could be used as a home theater, but we are using it as the computer/craft room. Unfortunately, that room is the remaining 15-20% of what we have left to do, so I did not take a picture of it. I should have taken a picture of the view of the lake from that room, but I did not. You may just have to come and visit us if you want to see that.
This is a view of the living/family room downstairs.
This is another view of the living/family room downstairs.
This is the entryway from the living/family room.
This is the formal dining room but we do not have a formal dining room set and we do not eat on carpet with our kids. The kitchen has a large enough dining area so we use this as the piano room.
Another view of the piano room with Ryan posing.
This is the formal living room that we have turned into our library. Once again, we do not have much need of a formal living room but we do need a library for all our books. This is probably my favorite room in the house. I can close the doors if I want some quiet. I would have loved to have this room when I was the Bishop so I would have had a quiet area to read and think.
Another view of the library.
The entry way of the house.
The entry way with Ryan by the Grandfather Clock. Ryan call's it "Grandpa's clock."
This is another feature we love about this house. This is the "sun room" but we use it as a downstairs toy room. While you cannot see it in the picture, we also put a big "pantry" in this room to use for food storage. It is a great room and it also has doors that we can close if the kids mess the room up too bad and we have company.
This is the kitchen with Lori preparing for our 4th of July BBQ with some friends.
This is the dining area in the kitchen, which is much better suited for our family. We had 9 people at the table and we all fit fine, so we do not expect to need any additional dining space.
This is the laundry room. I put the shelf in the middle up and relocated the hangers and other shelf space. I feel pretty proud of my efforts so I wanted to include a picture of that effort.
This is the master bedroom.
This is a picture of the closet in the master bedroom. This was a ton of work for me to put together this closet so I wanted to show a picture of it. The shoe shelf on the left is the greatest part of the whole thing. It is so nice to have a place for all our shoes.
This is the final picture of the closet and one of the corner shelves I put in. We love the shelves.That is it for the house tour, we hope you enjoyed it. We love this new house and after the very difficult move it is certainly a bright spot.

2 comments:
Love the tour. It looks so nice. We'd love to come to Houston next time we come to Dallas. Just not sure when that will be. We spend $1500 last month on gas with our family trip obligations. Sheesh! With airline ticket costs now, we may have to drive out to Texas next time we come to visit. Maybe we could meet half way or something.
What a gorgeous house. Thanks for the pictures.
Post a Comment