One of the good things about living out in the country in a new neighborhood is there are empty lots where we can ride our bikes in the dirt. We found a hump and dirt that was jumpable and we have been working on it to build it up. While it is not the greatest jump yet, we are working on it and as we get it packed down it will get better. We go out as much as we can and do some jumping. It is great exercise for this fat old man and I can school the boys in the art of BMX.

Here is Brett going off (over) the jump. Brett and Jared are not doing much actual jumping yet, but they are working on their skills. As we build-up the jump and they build their skills I expect they will be skying by the end of the summer.
This is me landing one. Yes, the fat guy really does get a little air.
Brett going over the high section of the jump.
Jared jumping over the lower section. Jared is now riding my old Schwinn Competition Scrambler that I raced when I was a young wart hog. (I little reference from Lion King for those that do not watch many Disney movies.)
Some fat, old guy catching some air and schooling the young kids on how to jump. There's no school like the old school.
Lori, being the good sport that she is, took her turn to ride over the jump. Here she is picking-up some serious speed.
Here is Lori going over the jump.
Jared going over the jump. While it is hard to catch with the camera, especially with that annoying delay, his front will does come off the ground at times. We need to take the big, SLR camera so we can get some better pictures the next time.
Here comes Jared ready to launch.
Another one of me flying through the air. Yes, all wheels are off the ground. No, I did not break the bike when I landed.
Brett going over the big jump. Brett is riding the 20" BMX Bike that I raced as an adult. In fact, that is the bike I was riding when I was in position to place at a National BMX race in Utah when I crashed and broke my collar bone. After that we moved to Texas, Brett was born and I had to grow-up and act my age. So, I quit racing. Now I have kids that are big enough I can quit acting my age when I play with them.
I am going so fast I am just a blurr.
Brett taking another jump before we head home for the evening.
Jared hitting the jump one last time.
1 comment:
You guys look like you had a lot of fun! Shane you were totally catching some air. It looked totally wicked! (A little reference to The Incredibles) Loved the pics! Hope you all had a good 4th of July, and we look forward to seeing you in a few weeks!
Post a Comment