Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Freeport Beach

Last Friday was my Friday off (I work a 9/80 work schedule so I get every other Friday off) and we went to the beach. We have been focused on getting moved into our house so this was our first real break from moving and setting-up house. We still have more work to do, which I spent Saturday doing, but we took a break from moving and went to the beach.
The waves were bigger at Freeport Beach than what we have seen in the past. While they were not like California waves, they were pretty good. Here is Jared boogie boarding.

The kids really enjoy playing in the sand. This is Ryan doing some digging.


The waves were a bit bigger than Ryan likes them, so he spent more time digging than out in the water.

Brett riding a wave.

Jared building a sand castle.

Brett, Lori and Ryan relaxing in the waves. This was about as deep as Ryan wanted to get.
Our set-up on the beach. It is nice to be able to drive on the beach so we do not have to carry our things. The canopy is new. We decided we needed one that was easier to set-up and so this was our first trial. It was much easier to set-up and take down compared to the other one and well worth the investment. It was also surprisingly wind resistant. If you want to come and see us, we are ready to take you for a day of fun at the beach.

Brett, Lori and Ryan enjoying the water.

Lori and Ryan sitting the beach chairs.

Brett and Lori at the beach.

Brett doing some skimming. Skimming is much harder than I would have anticipated it to be. We need Robby to come and show us how it is done.

Jared doing some skimming.

Brett going for a ride.

Jared going for a short ride before he sinks.

Jared and Ryan doing some skimming.

Ryan discovered skimming on his belly was the way to go. I think I should give that a try and it would probably go better for me as well.

Jared and Brett playing in the sand.

Ryan just being himself.

Every time we go to the beach the kids want to get buried in the sand. As the kids get bigger, the hole to bury them also gets bigger which means more work for me. I need to remember to bring a big shovel so I will not have to work so hard to bury them. In this picture we are working on digging the holes.

The final result. Jared buried in the sand.

Jared up to his neck in sand.

Ryan in the sand and water. A wave came in and filled the hole with water, so there was a little extra water.

Jared relaxing in his sand bed. I do not think I would like being buried up to my neck in sand, but they love it.
Ryan sleeping in his sand bed. Actually, the sun was in his eyes. The next day it was apparent where we missed putting sun screen on Ryan's face and around his eyes he is very sunburned. His eye lids were sunburned from this activity. We bought some sunglasses for him so we can hopefully avoid the "raccoon" effect the next time out. The trick will be getting him to wear the sunglasses.
Brett buried in the sand.
Brett, Jared and Ryan buried in the sand.

Lori went out with Brett and Jared to ride some waves on the boogie boards. She was the surfing queen and was able to really catch some waves. Lori knows how to boogie board.

Jared riding a wave.

Lori catching a wave.

Lori liked the look of this log on the beach so she took the kids to get a picture. Jared looks like he is being forced to eat sand, but other than that it is a nice picture.
Ryan, Brett and Jared.
Ryan playing on the beach.
Brett taking a mud bath.

It's the attack of the mud-men!
Jared proudly displaying his mud.
Ryan showing us his mud.

2 comments:

Jody said...

What great pics. It looks like you all had a good time. I miss the warm beaches. Our Oregon beaches are too cold to play in.

sorensen formula said...

Hey this looks like so much fun! I hope someday we can get down to see you and do some of these fun things!