Yesterday I received an e-mail from Senator Barbara Boxer asking me to sign a “Thank-you” note for Al Gore for all his work on behalf of the environment. I do not understand how I got on her mailing list because I cannot stand her or Al Gore. It seems that since Al Gore’s docudrama that is full of falsehoods there is quite a bit of hype about global warming. I even read an article in PC Magazine that discusses global warming and treat’s Al Gore’s political documentary (lie-umentary) as if it is the gospel truth. The truth is that there is not a consensus about global warming even though the Left would like everyone to believe there is. In addition, Al Gore is a hypocrite when it comes to global warming and the environment as has been shown in the news lately. I think he needs to start showing everybody how to live and stop telling them. He could start by getting rid of his guest house. How many people in the United States are paying to heat and cool a guest house?
Beyond the hypocrisy of all those elites hyping global warming, what are they proposing that we do to stop it? It is one thing to point out there is a problem, it is quite another to come-up with a solution. Even if the US abided by 10 Kyoto Protocols it would not put a dent in the global warming problem. There is a great article by Jonah Goldberg that highlights this. In addition, Europe has smugly signed on to the Kyoto Protocol but they are not abiding by it. So now you have the entire EU joining Al Gore and his elites as hypocrites.
I am really getting tired of all the hypocritical doomsayers reporting that life as we know it will come to an end because of global warming. For me, the cure is much worse than the disease. I do not want to go back to living in a cave as a hunter/gatherer and I do not think anybody really does. I am sure Al Gore and Barbara Boxer are not lining-up for such options. They want the rest of us to be happy peasants and give-up our lifestyle so they can jet around the country. It is not about the environment for them, it is about political power and taking away our personal liberties.
For more of the great political cartoons by Michael Ramirez that I have posted, you can go here.
