Saturday, March 24, 2007

Spring Break 2

On Friday night we went to the Houston Rodeo and Livestock Show at the Reliant Center by the Astrodome. The Reliant Center is where the Houston Texans play football. I was able to get 4 free tickets to the Rodeo which was great because we really did not want to take Ryan anyway. We knew it would be a late night and we did not want to fight with him all evening. I was glad we got a babysitter for him because it made it better for all of us.
I heard that the Houston Rodeo had a bunch of other activities besides the rodeo and we discovered that it was like a state/county fair. There were highly over-priced carnival rides that we did not go on. There was also an area with a petting zoo, livestock shows and judging along with tons of vendors selling their wares. We went to the petting zoo because we thought Brett and Jared would like that.


Brett liked feeding the goats but Jared was a little nervous and first.



Jared is thinking hard about whether or not hand feeding goats is such a great idea.

Jared then decided that it might be OK to feed a little goat.

Brett and Jared petting a little pig.

Lori, Brett and Jared in the cow showing area.

We wandered through the vendor booths but did not find anything too intriguing to buy. We then bought some highly over-priced food and found a place on the floor to sit down and had some dinner before going to the rodeo. We should have waited to buy our food because we could have gotten equally over-priced food at the Reliant Center and had a chair to sit down in to eat it. Live and learn.

Jared, Brett and Lori at the Houston Rodeo in the Reliant Center.

Jared and Brett were fascinated by the rodeo since this was their first one. They sat like that through most of it.
A picture of the area from where we were sitting. I am glad they had the big screen TVs or we would have had a tough time seeing all the action.

After the Rodeo there was a concert by Dierks Bentley. We stayed for the first half hour of the concert but it was getting late for the kids and we needed to get Ryan from the babysitter. Since I am not a country music fan at all, I had not ever even heard of Dierks Bentley before the concert. He was OK but certainly not someone I would pay money to go see. When Jared started looking for a way to lay down in his seat we knew it was time to leave. I was really glad we did not bring Ryan because he would not have been able to handle the late night.