Sunday, February 18, 2007

New Skim Boards

Because we move around so much we acquire things that in some locations are useless. An example of that are boogey boards that be bought and used in California and Venezuela and then were sitting in our basement in Illinois. Several times Lori wanted to give those away and I told her we should keep them because you never know when we will live in a place where we will use them again. Then, we moved to Texas again and we have used them at the beach several times. The problem we have discovered are the waves on the Texas beaches are not good for surfing or boogey boarding so mostly the kids just float on them and I drag them around in the water. But, one thing that we have discovered is the beaches in Texas would be great for skim boarding. My cousin has a web site dedicated to skim boarding called RCSkim that is cool and has video of skimming tricks. He also has some instructions on how to make a skim board but I have backed away from making our own. We found some that were not very expensive in a beach shop on Galveston Island and decided to buy the kids some skim boards instead of making them. Since I did not move all my tools to Texas with me we decided that would be the best thing to do. I am going to have to borrow tools to make the Pinewood Derby cars this year. Below is a picture of the kids with their new skim boards. Now we are anxiously waiting for it to get warm enough for us to hit the beach.