Friday, March 23, 2007

The Goracle


Al Gore, the prophet for the new Environmental Religion that worships Mother Earth, testified before congress this week on Global Warming. The “do as I say not as I do” hypocrite was pushing his agenda that is full of “inconvenient truths.” Apparently according to the Goracle we can save the planet without suffering any economic repercussions and actually grow the economy. There is no basis for these assertions and basic economics and most economists disagree with this assertion. But, the Goracle has spoken and everyone that disagrees with him is a heretic and blasphemes against the faith of the environmentally religious and worshippers of Mother Earth. There are a couple of great articles today by Jonah Goldberg and Rich Lowry that discuss these new revelations by The Goracle about saving the planet and growing the economy. Because the Goracle has said it, it must be true despite all the “inconvenient truths” of reality. The Goracle drives me nuts and I have not been converted to the religion of the Goracle. I just cannot believe that so many people listen to this guy even though he is such an obvious hypocrite. When he sells off 3 of his 4 houses, quits flying and driving, then I will believe him. I do not think any of this is really about saving the plant, I think it has more to do with growing the government and giving power to the likes of the Goracle.