On my planner program I have a thought that comes-up every morning when I start-up the program. It comes from a collection of thoughts that I have been gathering for some time now. The thought for today was from C.S. Lewis which says the following:
“Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.”
On of my favorite web sites and magazines is National Review and today on there was a movie review on National Review On-Line that I thought was interesting. The title of the movie is Mine Your Own Business and it exposes the hypocrisy of the Left and the Environmental Movement. They have a web site for the movie that is interesting as well. As I was reading the article and about the movie, it made me think about the quote by C.S. Lewis above. The Left’s environmental movement is a bunch of busybodies that think they know better than everyone else what is really in their best interest. Nobody is in favor of polluted air and water so the environmentalists can feel good about keeping people in poverty, killing jobs and tormenting the rest of us by telling us that it is for our own good and then feel good about what they are doing. I think that C.S. Lewis captured the tyranny of the environmental movement very well in the quote above and the movie exposes the environmentalist tyranny for what it really is. I bought a copy of the movie and I am looking forward to watching it.
I have been very skeptical of the environmentalist for a long time and I have found them to be highly hypocritical. What is interesting is you will find very few environmentalists living in poverty. They find that others living in poverty to be quaint and want to keep them there. I think that instead of telling us how we should live they should shut-up and show us. After they have really lived what they preach and have frozen to death in the dark, then the rest of us can move on with our lives without being bothered by the busybodies.
