I have been a bit of a slacker the last couple of weeks and I have not posted anything in a while. I apologize to both people that look at my blog. Last week is kind of like a lost week to me so that week does not count. I woke-up on Monday (June 4th) morning shaking with the chills. I had a high fever and a massive headache all week and even made a trip to the E.R. as a result of the illness. It was a bad week so I did not get a chance to post anything. This week I am feeling better so now I am going to try and catch-up on a few events in the past and post some pictures.
We had a nice Mother's Day at our house. This is a picture of Lori and the boys on Mother's Day morning. Lori received a very nice telephoto-zoom lens for her Cannon digital camera. I tried it out and it is great, but I have to stand wayyyy back to to take a picture in the house.
To try-out the new lens in a place where it will actually be useful, we went to Brazos Bend State Park the following Saturday. This is a picture of a bird that caught a fish. We watched the bird as it was swimming before it jumped on the branch and it was quite a sight. We had trouble figuring out what it was because all we could see was it's neck and head bobbing along. It looked sort of like a snake with a fish in it's mouth.
We packed a picnic dinner and stopped at one of the Piers and had a little something to eat.
This is a close-up of Jared, Lori and Brett at the picnic table.
While we were eating a colorful bird was spotted in the distance. This is where the new telephoto lens comes in handy. With the regular lens Lori would not have been able to get this picture.
I think I mentioned this was a biking trip, which is why the helmets. It was an evening trip and we thought we were too tired to hike around, so we loaded-up the bikes and we rode them around the park. That is a big alligator in the background.
On of the hazards of a bike ride is someone might crash. That someone is typically Jared and he did not disappoint us this trip. Here he is modeling his skinned knee for us. The problem is Jared has outgrown his little bike but he still does not want to graduate up to a larger bike, which we have available to him. I think by the end of the summer we will have him riding a bike more his size and hopefully we will be able to avoid some of these crashes.
No comments:
Post a Comment