Saturday, September 13, 2008

Hurricane Ike Update

It is morning and it appears the worst is over. As I anticipated, we lost electricity last night. It was a very long night but we made it through without any visable damage at this time. That means that the weather stayed outside. It is still blowing hard and raining outside so we will have to wait a little while before I can go get the generator started and the refrigerators running again. At least we have a generator. The good news is we are all fine, the house is in tact and the worst of it is over.

I am blogging on my Blackberry so please excuse any typos.

2 comments:

Our Family said...

Great news! What an adventure! Not one that I ever want, but it's "fun" to see it through your eyes. So let's see Ike is over and there's still how much longer for the hurricane season? They've never gotten to Z have they? Sheesh.

Felisa said...

We've been frantically checking your blog, hoping to keep posted on how you guys are doing down there. So glad that the news from your end is mostly good. What an adventure. You guys get all the fun. ;)