The wind from the hurricane has reached us now and it is getting pretty loud upstairs. The kids are sleeping in our bedroom closet tonight so they will be close to us and away from any windows. Lori and I are going to start out the night in our bed but we may move to the closet before the night is out. We are really hoping our windows hold. The noise is not too bad downstairs. I just made a walk though the house checking things and the windows on the back of the house and the side next to our neighbor's house, which surprises me. I thought that the side of the house would be somewhat protected due to the closeness of the houses but those are the windows that are doing most of the rattling. This will most likely be my last post tonight because I do not expect to have electricity much longer. The news reports show wide-spread power outages throughout the area including parts of Sugar Land, so I consider ourselves fortunate to have power this late tonight. I am shutting down all the electronics in preparation for the power to go out and so if I do have power later I will not start everything back-up to blog. If we have electricity in the morning, I will post a blog and let everyone (both of you) know what our status is. If you do not see a blog, you can rest assured that we are without electricity.
There is a mandatory curfew in Fort Bend County from 7:00 tonight to 10:00 tomorrow morning. I think it is to keep people from looting any damaged areas over night. Hopefully everything will be fine but we will not be leaving the house until tomorrow morning after 10:00 am.

Brett, Ryan and Jared getting ready for bed in the closet.

The kids brought some stuffed animals with them for comfort in the night.

If Lori and I have to join them in the closet at night, the stuffed animals will have to go.

Lori reading scriptures in the closet before going to bed.

Ryan is ready to go to sleep. The kids are really excited to sleep in our closet. We work hard to get a big house so they can all have their own rooms, and they always want to sleep in our room. Go figure.
No comments:
Post a Comment