This is Robbie, Sacha, Aunt Deane, Hollie, Angela, AmiJo, Mom and Me on the steps of the Colorado Capital Building in Denver, CO. It has been a few years since we went on the trip, but it seems like we met Uncle Bob and Aunt Deane and their family in Greenriver and then drove to Denver from there. After that, we stopped in Wichita, KS and met-up with my Uncle Brent and Aunt Vickie and their family (David and Megan were the only ones born then, Megan was 2 1/2) and they came with us for part of the trip.
Sacha and AmiJo at the Temple Lot in Independence, MO. That place has changed quite a bit since then. Now the Community of Christ (formally RLDS) has built a temple there. I think this is the temple lot owned by The Church of Christ - Temple Lot that still has not built a temple where Joseph Smith dedicated the ground for a temple. They are another break-off church from the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. They have not built a temple because they do not know what to do with one.
This is Sacha by the sign at the temple site.
This is Sacha, Angela, Troy, Mom and me in Independence, MO. I think this was taken in front of the LDS Church's Visitors Center but I could be wrong. It has been a few years since we were there.

This is a picture from the St. Louis Arch. The coloring is bad because the slide was going blue. The city has changed a bit since then and the old stadium has been torn down and a new one has been built. I would not have ever imagined that I would own a house within site of the Arch back then.

This is a picture of the old motor home, which really was not that old back then. It did not have any air conditioning and I remember it could be hot at times. That is me, Troy and Angela in the picture.

This is another picture of the old motor home and Aunt Deane. I am holding Hollie.

We are skipping ahead in the trip now to Wall Drug. Where the heck is Wall Drug? It is in South Dakota and their claim to fame is they offer free ice water. All drug stores did when they became famous, but they advertised it on big billboards and from there they grew into a huge tourist attraction and bronco-busting location. This is a picture of me, dressed in the traditional style of the day (short shorts and tall socks) doing my best to break the wild beast. If I remember correctly (it has been a few years since then) that I broke the horse and it was a tame beast from that time on. I could be wrong though.

Troy found himself a honey at Wall Drug and got right cozy with her. Troy is also dressed in the traditional dress of the day with his tall socks and short shorts. I think the visor was a nice touch.

1 comment:
I LOVE THE OLD PIX!!! That is the best. Those shots at Wall Drug brought back some memories. We went there a couple of years ago. I don't recall seeing the horse then. Maybe you really did break it?
Post a Comment