Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Global Warming Crowd is Nuts!

Now that Sheryl Crow has weighed in on global warming it must be true. Although, I think her proposed solution is really crappy. A book titled “Shut-up and Sing” comes to mind about now.

ConocoPhillips has recently caved to the global warming politically correct crowd and has jumped on the global warming bandwagon. In this news release they have apparently decided it is the politically correct thing to do. I was disappointed to see another oil company jump into this but it looks like they are going to try and capitalize on joining the green crowd. Shortly there after ConocopPhillips announced that they would be joining with Tyson to start producing diesel from pig and other animal fat. In trying to please a part of the left wing wackos and derive fuel from a renewable source that would otherwise go to waste, they have ticked off the PETA crowd. It just goes to show that no matter what you do, you are going to make some group on the left mad. You just cannot win with this crowd, which reminds me of a quote by C.S. Lewis.

“Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.”

I am pretty sure we will all be tyrannized by the left until we all do exactly what they want us to do. We need to stop using toilet paper, stop driving our cars, become vegetarians (organically grown only within a 50 mile radius of our house so no gasoline is used in transportation) and basically go back to living in the dark ages. It all seems pretty stupid to me. The burning question I have is: Will the freeways smell like bacon once the pig-fat diesel goes into production? I sure hope so; I love bacon!