Since becoming a mother I haven't received an "official" paycheck for almost 12 years. However, every now and then I receive something much better than a paycheck. My paycheck came in the form of a nice compliment from a nurse at the allergists office. This compliment is after 11 years of being a mother. After saying no 130 times a day (at least), after endless sleepless nights, miles & miles of stroller time, lots of frustrating days of wondering if anyone is even listening to what you are saying I received one of the few thank you's a mother gets.
The more I think about the compliment of having well behaved boys I realize my paycheck is priceless. I only wish I could tell the younger me to keep up the great work, someday the boys will behave because you were their mother who cared enough to say, No, time and time again.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
YEAH! You are blogging! I'm so excited. You are spending all of your free Bishop's wife time for a noble cause. What a great compliment. We were told that same thing at Costco eating hot dogs with all of our kids. I think the elderly couple had Alzheimer's or they really missed their grandkids. I'd believe that your boys were well behaved anytime!
Hi Lori,
So nice to see you blogging. This reminds me of something I read about moms recently. I'll have to dig it up and post it on my blog. I read and enjoy every new post you write. I should comment more often!!! Miss you!
Post a Comment