Saturday, December 20, 2008

Ryan's 5th Birthday

Yesterday was Ryan's 5th birthday. Can he be that old already? Time is flying and we do not have a baby anymore. I started my Christmas Vacation so I could spend the day with Ryan. Brett and Jared had a short day of school and Ryan was really happy to have "the brothers" come home in the afternoon to play with him.


Ryan opened gifts in the morning before "the brothers" left for school.

Brett and Jared with Ryan as he opens his gifts in the morning.
Jared is doing a Flat Stanley project for school and so he joined us for the festivities that morning.

For breakfast Ryan blew out 5 candles in his waffles.

Ryan got a bike "trailer" for his birthday so we can go on big rides as a family. It is a little tougher to ride with him on the back than you would expect. Lori took him for a ride while I went to physical therapy for my knee and Lori struggled a bit with Ryan not balancing. I did better and Ryan is thrilled to go riding with me. I can say that it is a challenge but Ryan is still small enough. I took Jared and Brett for a spin on it because they wanted to try it out and they were a little tougher to tow around that Ryan.

Ryan is ready to go.
In the evening we had the Law and Selcho families over for a barbecue and birthday party for Ryan. Yes, you read that right, we cooked outside. We have been running our air conditioner as well. Those of you freezing in the snow in Utah can appreciate how nice these winters in Houston are.

Ryan blowing out his candle at his birthday party.

We all had a really fun day for Ryan's birthday. It can be tough to have a birthday in December, but Lori goes out of her way to make it special.

2 comments:

Anna said...

As Brett and I read this, it is 14 degrees outside. I hope you're pitying us as you wear your shorts and t-shirts.

sorensen formula said...

Happy Birthday Ryan! Cannot believe he is 5 already. Time flies!