Sunday, October 14, 2007

Greatwood Packers Football - Jared Game 5

Game 5 was played against the Pecan Grove Gators. From what I understand, the Freshmen and Sophomore Teams won the Superbowl last year, so this was the team to beat. In addition, they have done some recruiting of the kids in our area to improve their teams so there is a bit of a rivalry going on. This game was on Jared's birthday and he was there supporting his team even though he could not play. While his collarbone is doing better (he was not wearing the sling) he still cannot play football yet.

Here is Jared sitting on the sideline with his team.

Jared found something interesting on the ground in front of him. Unfortunately, he does not pay as much attention to the game as I do.

This game started out tough with the Gators scoring on the opening kick-off. But, the Packers came back and scored off from a sneak play that I could not believe. The line went up but they never got set and in position. The center hiked the ball to the quarterback and he went walking toward the sideline talking to the coach like there was something wrong with the ball. Then he took-off running and scored a touchdown while everyone stood by watching. It was really funny. I wish I would have had the video camera going for that play. In this play we have the Packers in action.

Another Packer action play with a lateral to the running back.



The Packer defense going after the Gator running back.

Jared and his fellow injured player watching the game. This was a good game for Jared's team and they won it 25 to 13. The Freshman finished Game 5 with 3 wins and 2 losses. They are doing very well and have won their last 3 games.

No comments: